Sunday 23 January 2011

BACKGAMMON BLUES

Why is it, that neither for love nor money, one cannot throw a double five when one wants one, needs one ... would give one's first born for a sniff of one? Or even a single five?

Yes, I have been sucked into the murky world of internet gaming - backgammon specifically. And at £2.50 for a three game match! And yes, I did win one last night but tomorrow is another day, a day with dice that don't have fives on them, apparently.

This is a dangerous business. And I don't mean just playing for nickels and dimes (apologies for the change of currency but it sounds better), but the whole business of submerging oneself into the demi-monde of electronic gambling in the backstreets of the web. I mean who plays backgammon for money at 11.00 in the morning? Well apparently I do for one, but I suspect my opponents, those who have exact control of their dice, have been up for hours refining their push button techniques. There's probably an individual in Cairns now heading off to the pub to buy a tinnie or two on the back of the ill-gotten gains he's just taken from me.

Hmm.

I'll get him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment